Directions from Lanseria Airport to Steynshoop
GPS co-ordinates:S25 50.746 E27 34.850
1. Exit rental car area towards R512 to Broederstroom (set odometer to 0.0) (0 km)
Turn right at junction with R512 towards Broederstroom
Straight for another 18kms to R512/R104 T junction. (17.7 km)
2. Turn left at T-junction on R512 to Broederstroom. (17.7 km)
Past Hartebeespoort Dam and Estates on your right. (25 km)
Straight through intersection to Pecanwood Estate (27.6 km)
Keep straight at the next right turn (the road to right is R512 to Brits/Sun City).
You will be leaving the dam behind you.
3. At T-junction turn left on to R560 to Magaliesburg, driving through Skeerport village and past Bill Harrops Balloon Safaris. (33.6 km)
4. Stay on the R560 for 20.2kms till you turn right on to the dust road to farm.
5. After 20kms, turn right on to dust road with a brown sign "Steynshoop" and a green sign to Hartebeesfontein
Note this is the second sign to Hartebeesfontein on the R560, don't take the first one that has some broiler chicken sheds on the right. (53.8 km)
6. Straight on dust road for 1.8kms (through dip, over bridge). (55.6 km)
7. Left at sign to Steynshoop etc.
8. Straight for 400m, then right fork. (56 km)
9. Straight up towards mountain range for 3.8 km
For Steynshoop Valley Lodge
Straight up towards mountain range,
Left at fork after 3.8km, (59.8 km)
Right through wood after 300 metres (60.1 km)
Through gate into Steynshoop Valley Lodge
For Steynshoop Mountain Lodge
Straight up towards mountain range, (59.8 km)
Left at fork after 3.8kms
T-junction after 400m (60.2 km)
Gate to Steynshoop Mountain Lodge is directly opposite, follow road up steep winding hill to the Lodge