The Homestead is the original main house at Steynshoop and has scenic views, through large sliding doors, over the pool and dams and down the valley. It includes an equipped kitchen, a sitting room with sliding doors onto the terrace and pool, a separate dining room overlooking the valley and the range, a fountain courtyard, an upstairs gallery with exercise equipment and a terrace overlooking the quad.
The sitting room has satellite TV and stereo. There is a separate thatched gazebo with a large entertainment table and chairs, next to the pool.
The bedrooms include the following:
- Room One - large double bedroom (king size double bed) with sliding doors onto patio overlooking the Magaliesberg range. Large en-suite bathroom (bath plus shower) with enclosed garden courtyard and private outside shower.
- Room Two - large double bedroom (queen size double bed) with double height ceiling, fireplace and sliding doors with views over the water garden and range. En-suite bathroom (bath plus shower) with enclosed courtyard and private outside shower.
- Room Three - double bedroom (king size double bed) on upper level with superb views down valley and small balcony overlooking pool and dams. Large en-suite bathroom (bath only) overlooking the range.
- Room Four - double bedroom (antique brass/enamel double bed) overlooking quad with small en-suite (shower only) bathroom.
- Room Five - double bedroom (antique brass/enamel double bed) on upper level under thatch with views up to range. Enclosed en-suite bathroom (bath plus shower).
Guests intending to use The Homestead must be aware that this is not a resort, but is the private, luxury lodge of the owner Steynshoop. As such, it has some expensive antique furnishings and other items such as a full-sized billiards table and gym equipment, which can be easily damaged if not used carefully. The carpets and furniture upholstery are white (or light coloured) and can easily be damaged, or require replacement, through careless use, such as red wine spills. The Homestead is therefore not suitable for guests with several young children, or for any form of rowdiness.
Parties or celebrations involving a lot of noise and/or late hours, which could disturb other guests in the adjoining cottages/suites at Steynshoop, are also not permitted. The Homestead's swimming pool is reserved for its guests but the adjoining (separate) billiards room is to be available for shared use with other guests using the Valley Suite and the Cottages, at Steynshoop, and guests booking The Homestead must be aware of this and treat other guests at Steynshoop with consideration in this regard.